Common Learning Center Tasks/Issues
I forgot my Login ID and/or Password:
- Use the “Forgot Login ID,” “Forgot Password” or both to recover your Login ID and/or reset your password. You will need access to the email account that is associated with your learning center profile. If you have tried the “Forgot Login ID” or “Forgot Password” options and have not received an email, you will need to contact a VBCA administrator for assistance.
- If you no longer have access to the email that is listed on your learning center profile, you will need to contact a VBCA administrator for assistance.
- If you can log into the Virginia Learning Center, but do not see Virginia Building Code Academy courses when searching, you will need to contact a VBCA administrator for assistance.
I have never used the Virginia Learning Center and would like access:
- If you have had access to the Virginia Learning Center in the past, please do not request a new account. In most cases we can add DHCD access to your existing Virginia Learning Center profile. Contact a VBCA administrator for assistance.
- Follow the instructions found in the link below for Non-State User Registration to register as a first time user:
IMPORTANT: Make sure to select the domain “DHCD – Virginia Building Code Academy” from the first drop down box.
I can login to the Learning Center, but I don’t see any building code academy courses:
- If you can login, but do not see any Virginia Building Code Academy courses, it is likely that your profile does not have access to the “DHCD-Virginia Building Code Academy” domain. We can add this access for you. Contact a VBCA administrator for assistance.
I have DHCD-Virginia Building Code Academy domain access, but need help finding or opening courses:
I want to view or print an online course completion certificate:
Available 2015 Code change courses
Once Logged In, to locate all live 2015 code change modules, search "2015" and the name of the module, e.g. "2015 plumbing.”
Available 2015 Code Change training (CCT) modules:
- Administrative Update
- Virginia Construction Code (VCC)
- Virginia Residential Code (VRC)
- Virginia Existing Building Code (VEBC)
- Virginia Elevator Provisions
- Virginia Statewide Fire Prevention Code (SFPC)
- Virginia Energy Conservation Code (VECC)
- Virginia Plumbing Code (VPC)
- Virginia Property Maintenance (VPMC)
- Virginia Electrical/2014 NEC
- Virginia Mechanical/Fuel Gas (VMC & VFGC)
- International Swimming Pool and Spa Code (ISPSC - One VA amendment)
For more information on code change training, click here.