BoS CoC Steering Committee
The leadership of the Virginia Balance of State Continuum of Care (BoS CoC) is governed by an elected steering committee. The steering committee guides and oversees the BoS CoC to carry out the duties HUD has determined as necessary in operating a Continuum of Care:
- Measure CoC performance
- Develop and adhere to operating standards
- Establish and operate a Coordinated Entry System
- Address the needs of individuals and families fleeing domestic, dating violence, sexual assault or stalking
- Designate a Homeless Management Information System (HMIS)
- Plan and coordinate a structure to identify the needs and address the gaps across the entire BoS CoC geography
System Policies and Procedures
The BoS CoC has policies and standards that govern the work of each LPG. These policies and standards are designed to ensure consistency, fairness and transparency remain in the forefront when service provision is conducted across the BoS CoC. As required by HUD, these policies and standards were developed collectively by the BoS CoC and approved by the Steering Committee.
- System Level Procedures
- HMIS Policies and Procedures
Coordinated assessment standardizes access and assessment across the Continuum of Care (CoC). An effective coordinated assessment process is critical to the BoS’ efforts to achieve state and federal goals to make homeless rare, brief and non-reoccurring. This best practice is a housing-focused approach targeted to helping households experiencing homelessness quickly regain stability in permanent housing and helps divert, where possible, households seeking homeless services from shelter – preventing new cases of homelessness.