From Southwest Virginia to the Eastern Shore, each of Virginia’s regions has its own distinct character, a rich and complex suite of traits shared across communities. And that unique identity may be a region’s most important asset—a building block for retaining residents, attracting businesses and growing entrepreneurs.
By partnering its resources with those of other state, local, regional and federal partners, DHCD supports strategic, coordinated planning for development at the regional level. These collaborative efforts pursue larger goals that would not be achievable for any community working alone. Investments become more efficient; limited resources go further; outcomes improve.
What is afoot in your region? How can your community development and housing efforts investments play a strategic role in a larger goal?
Please take a moment to explore DHCD’s regional initiatives and opportunities.
- Clinch River Valley Initiative
- Southwest Virginia Cultural Heritage Foundation
- Heartwood: Southwest Virginia’s Artisan Gateway
- The Crooked Road, Virginia’s Heritage Music Trail
- ‘Round The Mountain, Southwest Virginia’s Artisan Network
- Fields of Gold
- Virginia’s Growth Alliance
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG)
- Appalachian Regional Commission (ARC)
- Building Collaborative Communities (BCC)